Saturday, December 4, 2010

BALANCE- an overview

   I was taught to that with horse training you need balance; Emotional, Mental, and Physical. All of these apply to both horse, and human. After working with the girls yesterday I did a lot of thinking about this on my drive home ( I was stuck in traffic for a good hour, I had lots of thinking time!). I decide this would be a perfect topic to write about, not only because I have not fully grasped it, but because of my own emotional and mental and physical fitness in life and horse training.

   I did a little experiment, I googled all of those words separately to see what "society" or google, thought those words meant. I took the first picture it brought up.

Mental

Emotional

Physical 



  definitions: 

mental |ˈmentl|adjective of or relating to the mind mental faculties mental phenomena.

emotional |iˈmō sh ənəl|adjective of or relating to a person's emotions children with emotional difficulties.
    physical
 |ˈfizikəl|
  adjective   of or relating to the body as opposed to the mind a whole range of physical and mental challenges.

     Ok, all of these are adjective, which is? A word or phrase naming an attribute. (and for those who do not know, or those was want to get DEEPER, an attribute is: A VERB regard something as being caused by (someone or something) ) 
   What does all of this mean? Why is this so important? Well, it all circles back to one thing- BALANCE (an even distribute). And why is balance important? Thats the question!! WHY do we need this? So, I could go on and on and on about this, but I am going to break it down for myself... and maybe the half a person who actually reads this silly thing. I am going to give myself a day or two and think this over. and my next blog is going to be based on just Mental Balance, the next Emotional, then physical, then maybe by then I will have figured out how they all work together and how in both horse and human they help! 
This is already making my head hurt!!
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment